What We Believe
tenants of faith
• We believe… the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God; it is our final authority in all matters of conduct and doctrine (2 Tim. 3:16; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21).
• We believe… in one God who eternally exists in Trinity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (1 John 5. 4-7, John 1. 1-14)
• We believe… that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, we believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, and His miracles. He is the very Word of God manifested, He died on the cross as atonement for man’s sins and rose again after three days, He sits at the right hand of the Father, restored to glory and power. (1 Cor. 15. 3, 1 Peter 2. 23,24, John 3.16)
• We believe… all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. We believe Jesus is who He said He was. He redeems mankind and receiving Him is necessary for all men to enjoy eternal life (John 3.3-5, Rom 3. 21-30, 1 John 5.12)
• We believe… in baptism in water. It is a symbol of a Christian’s identification with Christ, in His death, burial and resurrection (Matt 28.19, Col 2.12)
• We believe… in baptism in the Holy Spirit. It is a gift from God promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers, it is received subsequent to the new birth and is evidenced by speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance and the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public service (Matt. 3:11, Acts 1:8; Acts 19: 2–6).
• We believe… in sanctification. Sanctification is a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ’s return (Heb. 12:14; 1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Peter 3:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 3:12–14; 1 Cor. 1:30).
• We believe… the Lord wants us whole. Healing is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of anyone who believes (James 5:14,15; Mark 16:18; Isa. 53:4,5; Matt. 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24).
• We believe… in marriage, which God created to be a lifelong covenant in which a man and a woman are united in mind, body and faith. (Mark 10:7-9; 1 Corinthians 7:39)
• We believe… in the return of Jesus. The coming of our Lord Jesus Christ is imminent. He will return in the same manner He ascended into heaven and when He comes, “…The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air…” (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17)